SIG SAUER recently played host to one of the more successful and well-received events in company history… CAMP LEGION. Billed as a five-day, one of a kind, Legion members-only event at SIG SAUER Headquarters and Factory in Newington, New Hampshire, Camp Legion featured a tour of the SIG SAUER factory, two and a half days of immersive training at the SIG SAUER Academy in Epping, New Hampshire, exclusive access to SIG SAUER products, special offers at the Academy Pro Shop, all hotel accommodations, local transportation, meals, an awards dinner and a complete array of custom designed experiences exclusively for Camp Legion participants including a list of celebrity guests. This event was limited to the first 50 Legion members (plus an optional guest) who pre-registered in April of 2019. A complete overview of the event is posted at sigsauer.com/camp-legion.
When SIG initially launched the Legion Series in 2014, the program was an immediate success and has since grown to over 70,000 passionate members. But as Tom Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, Commercial Sales explains, recently SIG saw the need to do more to support them. “We felt that we hadn’t done enough to serve our passionate base of Legion customers and wanted to expand on our member benefits,” he said. “And so our mission with Camp Legion was to relaunch that passion and to better serve our Legion members.”
Camp Legion also gave members the chance to better understand the SIG SAUER brand and the people behind it all. “It gave our members a chance to learn a lot more about who we are as a company beyond just the products that we make,” added Taylor.
Legion members also enjoyed having Max Michel, Lena Miculek and Daniel Horner from Team SIG participate alongside each of them as well as the appearance of special guests such as former Navy SEAL Eli Crane, who became notable in a top rated episode of “Shark Tank” for his company Bottle Breacher, and Jack Carr, best-selling author of the thriller “The Terminal List” and his latest book, “True Believer.” In addition, Legion members were treated to a meeting with SIG SAUER President and CEO Ron Cohen and many members of SIG’s management team along with personal tours of the company headquarters and manufacturing facility in Newington, New Hampshire.
While Camp Legion gave members the opportunity test the latest SIG products and learn new shooting skills and tactics at the Academy, the event also allowed them to share in the experience and culture of a firearms manufacturer based right here in the United States. “I’ve joked with Ron Cohen since the day I arrived at SIG,” said Taylor, “that I’ve wanted the world to know that Newington, New Hampshire is the center of the firearms universe.” Based on many of the comments from the Legion members, that concept may be coming to fruition. Plans are already in the works for more Camp Legion events in the future.
Camp Legion Member Comments:
- “The whole experience was something I will speak of for the rest of my life. It was that great.”
- “We were impressed at how every single detail was handled – all we had to do was show up, learn and enjoy ourselves.”
- “I have attended many fortune 500 events in my 30 years in the software industry and I have to say this event was in the top 5. The team did an outstanding job from the moment we walked in the hotel to even offering to ship our backpack back. “
- “All the SIG people, from the first contact a the hotel to the last contact leaving, were fantastic. Everyone was well informed, professional, helpful and I don’t know how you managed to have such a wonderful group. The program was also excellent and exceeded my expectations. Many, many hours of planning and work obviously went into setting up the Camp Legion experience and it showed. Everything was absolutely first class, just like your products.”
- “Everything was top notch. Any other organization could use SIG as a model as to how to run a training event.”
- “You guys hit a home run with this event!”
- “I was blown away by the family atmosphere of all of the SIG staff. They all made us feel like part of the team and it was an amazing experience.”
- “SIG did it right– and that made this a success. Unlimited ammunition, large number of experienced and helpful instructors, numerous drills, real attendance and active participation by the 3 SIG pro shooting team members, good food, top shelf open bars, the long and detailed factory tour, and personal attention from Ron Cohen all made a huge difference. I think everyone gained in their loyalty to SIG. It was a great experience and truly grateful to have been invited.”
- “I have never had better customer support, accommodations, food and everything you could think of. It was superb. You even beat out the river cruises who are masters at spoiling you.”